Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gift list- quick.


View from my bedroom window- fields and mountains.



Three pieces of hand-written snail mail today. !!!

A lovely coffee shop .7 miles from my house, and a routine developing of God time there to start the day.

A sweet cohort of warm, quirky new-friends-in-the-making... the fact that we are all in this same boat together... the crazy things we are throwing out to do in our adjustment phase (last night may have included retro bowling and temporary tattoos... or it may not have. I'm not saying anything...)




A bike, free and perfect, bright blue and with a beautiful BASKET!!

Almost everywhere I need to go within a mile (LOVE this!).

 Friendly people everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Oregonians are genetically bred for friendliness, I swear.

My bedroom. Brand new soft white sheets. Long sheer white curtains. Framed photos of people I love. Vanilla-scented candles. Soft lighting.

 


Living off of loans is great motivation to cook from scratch, which is actually one of my favorite things :-)
The fact that I have such amazing friends to miss. (This will be a thankful. This will be a thankful. This will be a thankful. ...Thankful and tearful can coexist.)

Seeing Tim and Ash last week <3.

First fall chill in the air.

Every single thing about living in the same place as my cousin and his family.
This was taken with my phone and is not a great picture but CAN YOU STAND THE CUTENESS OF THE PINK STRIPED GAUCHOS?? CAN YOU??? BECAUSE I CAN'T.


Bones reruns.

Things I worry about (money and time, usually) being provided for so quickly and obviously that it actually makes me irritable because I have total theology issues with assuming God will provide in these kinds of ways and on this kind of schedule. But it keeps happening. If I could let myself do what everyone else does ("Omigosh two seconds after I was worried about this THE LORD JUST PROVIDED!!!!") I'd probably be more openly thankful. But... I really am thankful. Even if calling it provision makes me squirmy. Really. I promise.

Hydrangeas on every bush on our street. Deep warm pinks and purples and blues, everywhere. I have decided that I deeply, deeply love hydrangeas.

Almost every store in Newberg is independently owned.

Interesting reading.

Feeling peaceful and right about being here.


No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.