Wednesday, September 7, 2011

.nuestro Dios todo lo suplirá.

I sent this email to some close friends today. I'm never sure who's reading here, so thought I'd post it here too...
<3

Hey friends,

Lauren H., who is the current intern at Mosoj Yan, my organization in Bolivia, wrote this blog post this week. It captures beautifully, and painfully, some of the battles we fight for our girls there, and the lives they have been through.


I was incredibly moved by her words and reminded to be praying for these girls. I've been thinking a lot about how... eternal... (sorry, I don't know how to make this non-Christian-ese-y) the work they do at that home is. I was so so so so blessed and reminded of that in my two weeks there this summer. Just that they are truly loving girls who ARE "the least of these".
That the staff are doing work, not because it is fun or easy or what they want to be doing all the time, but because it is what they are called to, the purpose for which they think the Lord made them.

I've been thinking a lot about how much these girls matter to God, even if no one else knows their names. And what holy work it is to work for loving even the tiniest, least significant-in-the-world's-
eyes life.

On her blog Lauren invited her friends and family to fast and pray on Thursdays with her for the girls and I am going to take that challenge. I wanted to ask a favor- that you would consider joining in that. To be honest, I am not planning on fasting from food. I'm not sure what yet, probably the computer, which is maybe really stupid but so far every time I've fasted from food it's just been disastrous and I figured it was more important that I at least do something (because too often when I fast from food I end up giving up and not fasting at all).


I truly hope this does not feel like a guilt trip and I will never ask if you do it (and wouldn't be upset if you didn't!). But you have all been a big part of my life/Bolivia journey and I wanted to invite you in on this part too.


Please know how much of my journey to those girls and their place in my heart and life and prayers is due to each of your HUGE RIDICULOUS INSANE investment in my life. Your prayers and love on me has truly touched girls in Bolivia who you will probably never meet. Which I think is really cool. Yay for life and friendships and love.


Thank you so much for your prayers- love you guys!!!

Em

No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.