Friday, December 5, 2008

Bits

  • Sometimes sending your bosom friend an email is an important part of praying.

  • Sarah is home and looks wonderful!

  • Amy and I are having our annual Roommate Date to the Christmas Concert tonight and I am super excited. She is so fun. And we decided to get dressed up so I get to wear the sweet dress Matt and Amy found in their basement.

  • AND I'm wearing red shoes. In part because they're cute, and in LARGE part because the example the chapel speaker used when she spoke about dressing modestly was how she got convicted about wearing red shoes. Thus inspiring me to run out and buy some. Shoes? Seriously? In context it made sense, and the talk was great... but it still made me laugh. (Lest you think I am "vampy"- her word- they're maroon flats. But I can still CALL them red shoes.)

  • There is snow on the ground and snow on the campus and snow falling through the air and it is so beautiful.

  • I still love goat cheese. Especially with cranberries. Mmm.

  • I LOVE KNITTING.

  • I decided the "Meet the People I Love" section of my blog is a little skimpy. I'm going to try to do some profiles, starting with my roommates.

  • "We do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who was tempted in every way, just as we are, yet was without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with confidence, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good person. A REALLY good person. much love

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.