Monday, September 8, 2008

Image Control

Here's my big problem with this blog so far.

It's pretty. See the nice pretty background and the calming neutral color scheme? See how I only have FOUR entries so far, and they're short, and generally only have one theme each?

My old blog had acquired more of what I believe interior decorators call that "lived-in" feel (if, you know, a livejournal can be compared to a living room). It had some quotes over here, some long rambly attempting-to-have-deep-thoughts entries over here, a whole lot of I-just-don't-want-to-forget-this-so-I'm-blogging it moments that probably no one else ever read. It was purple. It was cozy. It was very decisively messy and Random.

So now I had started this new blog over here on bloglines. And I'm really liking it (did I mention the pretty background)? And I like how there aren't all those crazy, mismatched, unimportant posts that I sort of wish I hadn't even written because they detract from the real Meat of my Very Important and Deep Blog.

So I mentioned to some friends at lunch that I was thinking about keeping both blogs. "Two blogs? Why do you need TWO blogs?" Because, I explained, I could keep up my LJ for those passing thoughts, random moments, funny conversations that I don't want to forget but that don't necessarily really represent ME. The Me I would want to PRESENT to the world, you know, the Me who only blogs occasional, thoughtful, well-written and perhaps even inspiring posts. Because that's totally how I am 100% of the time.

I mean really, I continued, don't you think it makes sense to keep up one blog for the random entries that don't really matter, and another blog for... for...

And then Matt had to chime in. "...Image control?"

Crap.

So. Here's my blog. From now on it will probably be filled with rambling, randomness, unimportant details, external processing and run-on sentences.

But hey. Sometime authenticity's more important anyway.

No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.