Thursday, September 6, 2012

Emily loves the Fawvers.

God settles the solitary in a home;
the lonely He sets in families.
.psalm 68:6.

Last fall, a random choice of seating at church and a discovery that Nancy and I spent in our days in the same university building,
turned out to be serendipitous.

Over the last year, these six people have taken me into their home, their lives, and their family.
In so many ways that mean so much.
From walks and work breaks,
from after-youth-group-adventures with their high-schoolers
and sewing-project dates with their eleven(almost twelve!!)-year-old,
from family nights to daily tasks.

Thank you Fawver family...
for Saturday morning walks and Friday night movie nights,
for sharing popcorn and cinnamon rolls and bouquets of lavender.
For cooking with me and for me.
For celebrating birthdays.
For inviting my friends over.
For making me laugh.
For being excited with me about silly things.
For letting me stop by at random times and acting happy when I walk in without knocking.
For stopping by when you're in my neighborhood.
For sharing your hearts and listening to mine.
For living faith genuinely and family life lovingly.
For including me in mundane errands and life-marking milestones.
For storing my furniture and helping me move.
For fixing my car (/refusing to let me drive to Portland without a headlight.)
For letting me sleep on your couch.
For saving me a seat every Sunday.
For praying for me.
For letting me cry.
For trusting me with your children.

For being gorgeous, honest, fun and kind.

For being my Oregon family.
I can't imagine life here without you!



















No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.