Friday, May 11, 2012

And He is full of grace.


"And He is full of grace.
Ah! had He not been, I should never have been saved.
He drew me when I struggled to escape from His grace;
and when at last I came all trembling like a condemned culprit to His mercy-seat,
He said, ‘Thy sins which are many are all forgiven thee: be of good cheer.'

And He is full of truth.
True have His promises been, not one has failed.

I bear witness that never servant had such a master as I have;
never brother such a kinsman as He has been to me;
never spouse such a Husband as Christ has been to my soul;
never sinner a better Saviour;
never mourner a better comforter
than Christ hath been to my spirit.
I want none beside Him.

In life He is my life,
and in death He shall be the death of death;
in poverty Christ is my riches;
in sickness He makes my bed;
in darkness He is my star,
and in brightness He is my sun;
He is the manna of the camp in the wilderness,
and He shall be the new corn of the host when they come to Canaan.

Jesus is to me all grace and no wrath, all truth and no falsehood:
and of truth and grace He is full, infinitely full.
My soul, this night, bless with all thy might ‘the only Begotten.’”

-charles spurgeon

we shall see this quote posted again.
(a purpose of this blog for me is to preach to myself.
"i want none beside Him"; let it be so.)

No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.