Thursday, December 3, 2009

...but to LOVE a great deal.

Good to remember in moments of overwhelmedness and what-the-heck-should-I-be-doing?!!-feelings (not that I'm having those this week or anything):


"O my God, You are there before me. What will You that I think or that I say to You out of the depths of my heart?
'I do not ask you to think a great deal, but to love a great deal,' the Holy Spirit answers. 'Adore me, love Me, contemplate Me; tell me and repeat over and over again that you love Me, that you give yourself to Me, that you long for all My children to give themselves to Me and love Me.'

All is sleeping, all is at rest. Thank You, my God, for calling me to adore You and love You. Hold my eyes open and set wide the gates of my soul. Let me lose and sink myself in the contemplation and love of You."

-Charles de Foucald

let me love a great deal this week, Lord. above worrying about saying the perfect last thing or doing the perfect last thing or visiting every last place i have loved in this city or closing out in some perfect way so that i never have any regrets...

let me simply strive to love hard.

2 comments:

Christine said...

thank you for sharing this, em. have been praying for you and thinking about you lots the last few days!!

and this encourages me exactly where i am too!! 9 days ...

xoxoxo

SM said...

this whole post I was thinking "I wonder what this would be like with cranberries". I'll let you know! Love you!

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.