Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Community Garden. (II)



Friends, thank you for sharing the Life you are cultivating with me...


In Wheaton, Josh and Meghan have filled their apartment deck so beautifully. I love that.








In St. Louis, Chris is making good use of the porch of her first Own Home (we are bonding over how much fun it is to have one of those for the first time). Love this girl so.



("It was hard to get us all in the picture. Us is me and the plants.")


Lovely newlyweds Emily and Javan are growing tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, more tomatoes, herbs, lettuce, brussels sprouts, broccoli, and tomatoes in their Colorado backyard. She signed her email, "Love, the tomato obsessed" and wrote, "I don't know what we'll do if all 20 tomato plants live... I'm going to get really good at canning!"



(more things they are creating these days: gorgeous pottery!)


My bosom friend offered up a picture of what she and Robby have "grown" in their yard recently: a new porch. HOLLER and love the lights :-).



In Seattle, Kari is growing these gorgeous lettuce beds which look like they are producing by the armful. Yum!



Jen and Shaun in Maryland are rocking out growth I'm sure in lots of ways right now, with their sprouting FOUR babes (four. when did that happen!!) plus all this green loveliness. Window herb garden ("I'm sure of basil and cilantro, I forgot to label the rest and forgot what I planted"... I would do that...)



Hydrangeas!!! One of my faves too.


This picture made me grin so big... Bree recently started working part-time on a farm in California. She sent this picture of the corn she's been planting. You are so hard core, babe.



And finally, the Buerkles sent a panoramic pic of their gorgeous yard here in Oregon.



This project is giving me so much joy. I love being able to picture what you all are growing and enjoying this season! Keep sending them!

xoxoxo

1 comment:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.