Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sleep.

Calm me, oh Lord, as You calmed the storm;
still me, oh Lord, keep me from harm.
Let all the tumult within me cease.
Enfold me, Lord, in Your peace.

Father, bless the work that is to be done
and the work that is to be.

Father, bless the servant that I am
and the servant that I will be

Thou Lord and God of power, shield and sustain me this night.

I will lie down this night with God,
and God will lie down with me.
I will lie down this night with Christ,
and Christ will lie down with me.
I will lie down this night with the Spirit,
and the Spirit will lie down with me.
God and Christ and the Spirit,
be lying down with me.

The peace of God be over me to shelter me,
under me to uphold me,
 about me to protect me,
behind me to direct me,
ever with me to save me.

The peace of all peace
be mine this night.

In the name of the Father
and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

-Wednesday Compline,

No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.