Saturday, January 21, 2012

Five months here.

Lounging around looking ahead at the week, I wondered with some stress why this semester's work seems SO much busier than last! I was clearly going to have to be VERY intentional in mapping out time to finish my assignments and see clients... and I worried that reading textbooks was going to have to be only what filled the cracks.

Then I glanced over my planner:

two coffee dates with girlfriends
and one with a sweet wise woman from church
dinner with the Stanfields
small group at the Stoltzfus'
co-teach Sunday school for the third graders
go out for ice cream with roommate + cohort friends
movie night
community dinner
birthday party for Tyson & Jesi's turning-one-year-old

And of course there's my ability to focus at the coffee shop:
I've been here for two hours and seen (let me count) seven people I know well enough to hug and sit down and have a conversation with. Not including the two babies belonging to some of them who I needed to play with.

Dear Being Completely About My Work,
It was lovely knowing you. Really. I've heard so much about you from friends over the years, and you definitely have your attributes! And I so enjoyed the grades that resulted from you. Really, I'll miss them.
But...
This girl is back :-).

No comments:

Human Needs Global Resources Covenant, 2009

As fellow travelers on this journey, we commit to this covenant before God. Lord, in Your mercy, hear these our prayers:

When confronted with scarcity, need, and inadequacy, may we be nourished by the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation. Abundance overflows from Your table, sustaining all who come in faith. Father, help us.

When monotony blurs our vision and dulls our senses, may we encounter others as Christ did, through intentional presence in daily life, submitting as clay to be formed into vessels filled with the Spirit. Christ, guide us.

When wounded by the fractured condition of Your people, may we be united by Your Lordship in faith, hope, and love; seeing, as through the facets of a diamond, the beautiful spectrum of Your light reflected onto Your holy Church joined in praise. Spirit, empower us.

When all Creation groans, afflicted by injustice and driven to despair, may the promise of redemption root us in the hope of Your Kingdom: "Behold, I am making all things new!"

Holy Trinity, send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart.

Amen.